Physiotherapy can help you avoid surgery, reduce your medication, manage your pain and reduce the risk of injury. Physiotherapists are highly qualified and can help you with a range of conditions and symptoms, including chronic conditions such as arthritis. Compared with many other treatments, physiotherapy is also highly cost-effective and does not require a referral.
It is commonly recommended to those that has pain, soft tissue injury, joint replacement, mobility issues, difficulties with daily activities or as preventive rehabilitation.
Where can you have Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is provided in a range of settings including private and public hospitals, community health services, in private clinics, or in residential aged care facilities.
About a typical physiotherapy session
A session with a physiotherapist is unique to the patient’s needs and health condition.
However, a ‘typical’ session may involve:
• Consultation, history taking and movement assessment
• Assessing and diagnosing the patient’s condition and needs
• Collaborating with patient to work on an agreed goal. Patient’s expectations and needs will be discussed
• Developing a treatment plan with the patient that will consider their lifestyle, health and capability
• Prescribing exercise and physical aides when required
• Scans and various medical investigations might be requested
Thank you for reading! Make sure to catch my blog next month and I will explain why Physiotherapy at Healthworks is different.